Monday, February 23, 2009

Tiny Victories and Broken Hearts

This morning, Arabis was dry on awakening.

"Do you want to go use the potty?" I asked her and instead of the usual adamant refusal, she agreed. Afterward, there was much jubilation and a group performance of the "Peeing in the Potty" dance.

I am cautiously hopeful that we may actually potty train before her fourth birthday.

***********

From the other day, before I forget, Arabis was methodically conducting a search of the front area where we have our living and dining room.

"I can't find him!" she almost wailed, a bit plaintively.

"Who are you looking for?" I asked her. "Can I help?"

"I'm looking for Wolfie and I can't find him!"

I swallowed my my tears and scooped her up into my arms and tried to explain again that he was gone and not coming back. And that I missed him, too. We went and cuddled on the sofa with Izzy, his sister, for a bit. Then all was well for the time being.


Napping with Wolfie

1 comment:

CJ said...

Yeah for the potty dance and so sorry for the kitty sadness. That is hard to get over. I'm glad you have his sister to hold onto though! Em stays dry during the day, but not at night yet. One day!