Thursday, March 08, 2007

Moving Right Along


We are moving. Not far...but far enough that it's still going to be a lot of work, albeit no truck will be required.

We are moving down the hall, relinquishing my 1100 square foot warehouse space for a 2300 square foot space. Suffice to say both Mojo and I are giddy with the possibilities. We will each have room for a personal studio/work space. Our living quarters will be quite separate. No more toddler running amok with art supplies and turning off the computer in mid-sentence! No more books piled high out of reach, leaving barren bottom shelves bereft of baby-borne chaos. (Please excuse the alliteration. I'm really tired.) We will have room to actually put our stuff and no longer be maneuvering through trails between furniture, laundry and baby toys. There will also be much purging of useless items. We will have SPACE!

The downside? We have seven days to move. That may sound like all the time in the world, but Mojo can't take any time off work and I am home alone with the Tiny Terror of Toddler Town which makes any ordinary task challenging (and this is no ordinary task).

We haven't even begun to pack. Also: I have another cold.

The upshot is that you may not hear from me for a week or two. But I am looking forward to having a dedicated workspace to actually write and really get this blog up and running again on a regular basis.

Great things are afoot, but right now I just want to scream.

Argh!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thats great! I look forward to hearing from you once you return from the depths of unpacking :) I really miss your posts!

Elaine said...

That sounds delightful if not hellish! Can't wait to hear about the new space!

WEEEEEEEEEEE!

Artemis Rich said...

Thanks, guys! I'm overwhelmed and excited and we all have another cold. Much fun is to be had. Don't you wish you were here?

I'll try to remember to take pics as we go along too. It's going to be fabulous...if we live through it, that is!