Thursday, November 20, 2008

Random Mumblings

Copied from PicaboMama over at Heathen Family Revival (best blog name ever), here's a tantrum-free post.

1. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
Arabis, my Evil Minion and beloved goof-ball.

2. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
The 30th Annual Great Dickens Christmas Fair!

3. Who was the last person you called?

Mojo

4. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Watching mindless television while trying to finish a knitting commission.

5. What did you fear was going to get you as a child?

Infinity. I had serious issues with the concept of infinity. I used to fall down the rabbit hole of thought and lose myself in pondering exactly what it meant, which I couldn't (and still can't, if I let myself really think about it) fathom. Infinity was my monster under the carpet, the thing that lurked in the corners and in the closet at night. MC Escher drawings were a fascination and a nightmare all at once.

Yes. I was an odd child. Next question?

6. When did you last see your mom?
Tuesday night.

7. What are you wearing right now?
A pair of cropped sweat pants and a tank top. I'm shivering. It's cold in here.

8. Where is your favorite place to be?

In the ocean. Or barring that, at the very least on the coast.

9. Where is your least favorite place to be?

I've got to go with Kelly on this one: anywhere I don't have an easy exit, for example: uncomfortable social obligations and family weddings.

10. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?

London. Or to take Arabis and visit my dad for an extended period.

11. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years?

Where the wind takes me.

12. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?

This sounds pathetic as hell, but right now I can't remember. It's been a glum week. I'll hazard that watching an old episode of "The Graham Norton Show" on the DVR last night elic

13. What cities/towns/villages have you lived in?

San Francisco (born at St. Francis Hospital on the feast day of...you guessed it....Saint Francis)
Corte Madera, CA
Oakland, CA
Kittery, ME
London, England (specifically Hounslow and West Hampstead)

14. Are you a social person?

Pre-motherhood, I would say no, which surprises many people. I'm an introvert. Really.

Post-motherhood has found me isolated and craving the company of anyone over the age of three. And fruity rum drinks. That is another craving given me by motherhood.

15. What do you like about winter?

Rain. Fog. The Dickens Fair (see above).


Round Two -
Unconscious Mutterings:


I say … and you think … ?

Coverage - ground
Cynical - heh
Gust - wind
Improvised - my forte
V - sod off, ya tosser
Guests - ohmygodIhavetocleanthefreakinghouse!!!!!!!!!
Brutal - my brainmeats
Grant - bestow
Pull - push
streaming- consciousness

No comments: