Sunday, November 01, 2009

It's That Time of Year Again


I just looked back and realized that this will be my fourth NaBloPoMo. Can I get a resounding call of "Holy Crap!" from the congregation?

Of course, I contemplating ignoring the month altogether. It seems I have less time to write and/or spend on the internet. But when I have a deadline, an assignment, a task to complete, I have always managed to eke out the time to do it. So I have made the commitment and joined the blogroll.

I'll close with a quote that I have always loved. Hopefully it will prove inspirational.


It took me forever to realize that in order to write I just have to turn up at the desk every morning at 9 A.M. and do it. I can never convince kids of this. Faulkner said something wonderful about it when somebody asked him, 'Mr. Faulkner, do you write by inspiration of perspiration?' He said, 'I write by inspiration, but fortunately it arrives every morning at nine o'clock.'
--Reynolds Price

No comments: