Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Special Quote and an Ass Kicking

This is especially for Boogiemum. I thought of this quote as I read her entry today and wanted to share it.
If you meet a woman of whatever complexion who sails her life with strength and grace and assurance, talk to her! And what you will find is that there has been a suffering, that at some time she has left herself for hanging dead.
Sena Jeter Nasland
from Ahab's Wife

In other news, NaBloPoMo is officially kicking my butt. Here we are at the 14th day of the month and I sit becalmed, stuck in the doldrums.

Is it that I am constantly interrupted and never have enough time to form a cohesive thought? Or could it be that I am afraid to give myself the time necessary to actually explore some of the dusty, cobwebbed corners in the back of my brain? Is this just a middle of the month slump?

I fear I am sacrificing quantity for quality.

How is everyone else overcoming this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that quote. It is wonderful and soooo true.

I am having a difficult time posting everyday. I feel like I got to whip something out whether its reader worthy or not. I guess it is good writing practice though. I can't say I will be sad when the month is over...

Anonymous said...

I love love love that quote!