Thursday, August 17, 2006

Need. More. Sleep.

Another night of no sleep, flippy floppy baby, teething pain, screaming and blood. I'm not kidding about the blood. There was blood.

Arabis delivered a Samoan Headbutt to the Mouth on the Mojo Man last night. Around 2:00 AM. He woke up screaming. And is now sporting a fat lip.

To get revenge he ignored the cat puke at the top of the stairs this morning, gingerly stepping around it, while I, in my sleep-deprived fuzzy brain trod right through it, baby in tow. Ewwwww.

Thank God for Monkey Boi, who is entertaining the Evil Dwarf as we speak. This teething thing sucks. And now, thanks to another mother's travails, I am fearing the eventual pacifier separation and the transition from family bed into own crib.

One trauma at a time.

We are going to the grocery store today. I need real fruit juice. For the rum. That I still haven't drunk, but sounds better and better every day.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Amen, sister. Pick me up a drink as well!

boogiemum said...

Pour one over here, make that a double!